Force CID is led by Detective Chief Superintendent Gilbert Houalla and includes:
- Force Crime Investigation - responsible for crime investigations as set out in the Crime Continuum. Officers and staff are based on LPAs and aligned to one of the three ‘hubs’ in Buckinghamshire, Berkshire or Oxfordshire.
- Major Crime Unit - dealing with the most serious and complex investigations.
- Major Crime Investigation Review Team.
- Protecting Vulnerable People - responsible for investigations into child abuse, domestic abuse, vulnerable adults, missing people and the management of violent and sexual offenders.
- Forensic Investigation Unit - responsible for the delivery of forensic services to the Force, including scenes of crime, fingerprints, footwear, audio visual, imaging and high tech crime.
- Crime and PVP strategy - responsible for developing and maintaining standards of investigation and crime management, including crime policy.