Neighbourhood Policing and Partnerships
Chief Superintendent Andy Boyd
Andy has been with the Force for 28 years, began his career in Wantage. During his career he has been a Sergeant in the Drugs Squad and Control Room, a local Detective Inspector in Abingdon and was promoted to Superintendent in October 2011 as LPA Commander for Cherwell. However, Andy’s career has been mainly CID-led.
As Head of Neighbourhood Policing and Partnerships, Andy’s responsibe for providing coordination of policy and practice for a wide variety of general policing issues.
The department researches, develops and distributes good practice across the Force, providing practical support to local management teams and operational officers. It is based at Force Headquarters South in Kidlington.
Neighbourhood Policing and Partnerships provides the strategic lead on matters such as:
- Neighbourhood Policing.
- Crime prevention.
- Strategic partnerships, tackling issues such as anti-social behaviour.
- Dealing with alcohol and drugs.
- Equality and diversity, including staff support networks.
- Prevention of violent extremism.
- The ‘extended police family’ – PCSOs, volunteers and Special Constabulary.