Can TVP recommend an alarm company?

We would recommend that you look for a company that is NSI or SSAIB accredited and get three quotes.

Where can I go to get information on CCTV?

See the Home Office guide for small businesses (opens new window) and the Information Commissioner’s website (opens new window).

Can you recommend a security product?

See Secured by Design (opens new window). Secured by Design is the official UK police flagship initiative supporting the principles of ‘designing out crime’. The company operates a licensing scheme and includes member companies who are entitled to use the Secured by Design logo and promote the term ‘police-preferred specification’ on products which have passed the tests specified by ACPO Secured by Design.

Sold Secure (opens new window) is the premier testing and certification for security products.

Can you recommend a locksmith?

The Master Locksmith Association (opens new window) and the Institute of Certified Locksmiths (opens new window) have websites where you can search for local locksmiths in your area.

Can you recommend a private security company?

The Security industry Authority (opens new window) (SIA) is the organisation responsible for regulating the private security industry in the UK.

I am concerned about data protection. Where can I go for advice?

The Information Commissioner’s Office (opens new window) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.

I am interested in Business Watch and would like to receive messages about local crimes in my area.

Please sign up to Thames Valley Business Watch Alert (opens new window).

There is a specific Business Portal and you can select yourself the types of messages you wish to receive.

Contact the Watch administrator covering your area.

I am concerned about intellectual property theft. Where can I go for advice?

The Intellectual Property Office (opens new window) can help you get the right type of protection for your creation or invention.

Where can I report and get information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime?

See Action Fraud (opens new window), which provides a central point of contact for information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime.

I am interested in joining a Crime Partnership. Is there one in my area?

Please contact your town centre neighbourhood team and they should be able to help you.