Thames Valley Police officers, police staff and special constables qualify for various concessions and services, such as reduced gym membership, travel concessions and technology savings. The childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes are only available to salaried staff. Staff not directly employed by TVP are not eligible for these benefits.
These can be used to pay for all types of registered childcare for children aged up to 15 years. This includes child minders, nureries, nannies, play schemes, creches, before and after school clubs, music lessons and holiday schemes.
Cycle to Work Scheme
The Cycle to Work Scheme is aimed at encouraging people to use cycles for all or part of their journeys to and from work. It is an approved salary sacrifice scheme which means you will not pay income tax or national insurance contributions on the amount you have sacrificed for this scheme.
Furthermore, there is a huge range of businesses and organisations that offer fantastic discounts and offers to our officers and staff*, including but not limited to:
- Discounted gym membership
- Free local travel by bus/train
- Free/discounted tickets for arts and entertainment
- Discounted eateries
- Clothing, hair and beauty discounts
- Free/discounted tourist attractions and theme parks
- Financial services
- Housing advisors/services
- Health, welfare and legal support
- Discounted schemes (e.g. Blue Light Card)
*Some of these offers are only available to police officers.