Bad driving incidents

Bad driving puts lives at risk. Thames Valley Police deals with bad driving through either enforcement, or driver education schemes.

Being a victim of bad driving includes any situation where you have been made to feel unsafe by the actions of another road user.

How to report bad driving

If you have been involved in an incident of bad driving which has not ended in a collision, call 101, or visit a local police station to report the incident.

You will need the following information:

  • The registration number of the other vehicle.
  • Details of an independent witness or witnesses.
  • You also must be prepared to go to court to support proceedings.

Police will decide if there is sufficient evidence of an offence which can be investigated. If further information is needed for an investigation, the complainant will be contacted by a member of the Roads Policing department.

If the information provided by the complainant and other witnesses is not enough to enable police to investigate, the complainant will be notified of this result in writing.