Driver error contributes to over 95% of road collisions.
Thames Valley Police works with DriveTech (UK) plc (opens new window) and a2om (opens new window) to offer driver awareness programmes to drivers as an educational alternative to receiving a fine and penalty points on their licence.
The driver awareness schemes are:
- Thames Valley Speed Awareness Scheme.
- Thames Valley Driver Improvement Scheme.
- Thames Valley Call Divert Scheme.
- Thames Valley RIDE Scheme.
- Thames Valley Young Driver Scheme.
- Thames Valley Your Belt Your Life Scheme.
Drive Tech (UK) plc is the UK's leading driver training, assessment, education and driver awareness scheme provider. Its vision is to work together to eliminate road death and serious injuries. Its mission is to provide the most effective and innovative solutions, using education and technology, to minimise risk for all road users.