Report terrorist content on the web
The internet is used by some people to promote terrorism and violent extremism and to corrupt individuals who are vulnerable to radicalisation.
www.direct.gov.uk/reportingonlineterrorism (opens new window) is a dedicated webpage where you can report online terrorist content that you think might be illegal, or which you find offensive, to a specialist police department.
Some examples of illegal terrorist or extremist content include:
- Speeches or essays calling for racial or religious violence.
- Videos of violence with messages of ‘glorification’ or praise for the attackers.
- Chat forums with postings calling for people to commit acts of terrorism or violent extremism.
- Messages intended to stir up hatred against any religious or ethnic group.
- Bomb-making instructions.