How you can take action

You can take action in a number of ways to help make your community safer.

  • Speak to your local Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) about any concerns you may have about the quality of life in your neighbourhood. You can do this directly in the street, by calling 101, or by attending your next 'Have Your Say' meeting.
  • Your local Neighbourhood Action Group meets regularly to draw up actions to tackle the top issues as identified by the local community. It is not open to the public – however, if you wish to join and be part of this group please contact a member of your local Neighbourhood Policing team.
  • Stay up-to-date with what police are doing in your area by reading the latest updates from your local Neighbourhood Policing team on this website – simply by entering your post code in the ‘My area’ search box in the top right corner of the homepage.
  • Find information about community safety schemes in your area by visiting the website of your local council.

Community Trigger

The Community Trigger is a means by which victims of persistent anti-social behaviour can request a review of their case. Once the Community Trigger process has been requested, the relevant agencies, which may include the local authority, police, health providers and/or social housing, will work together and decide whether any further action can be taken to resolve the issue.

It is important to remember that Community Trigger is not for making a complaint or reporting new anti-social behaviour cases. If you want to make a complaint about the way in which an organisation has dealt with your case, you should enquire with them about their complaints procedure.

For more information, visit the Thames Valley Police Community Trigger page.

Reporting crimes

  • Call 999 to report an emergency. It is an emergency when: a crime is being committed, there is a risk of injury, or there is a risk of serious damage to property.
  • Report a non-emergency crime or give information to Thames Valley Police on 101, our 24-hour non-emergency number.
  • Report a crime without giving your name or talking to the police by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
  • Help us to use our resources wisely by contacting your local council about issues that police do not deal with.

Crime prevention

  • Contact your local crime prevention and reduction adviser (CPRA) about any crime prevention concern that you may have. For example, you may have questions about how to improve your home security or look after your personal safety.
  • Join your local Watch schemes and initiatives, including Neighbourhood Watch.
  • Consider putting into action the crime prevention advice on this website. Please pass this advice on to your family, friends and colleagues.

Join us

  • Join Thames Valley Police as a police officer, Police Community Support Officer (PCSO), a member of police staff, or as a volunteer police officer (special constable).
  • Come along to one of our upcoming recruitment events to find out about the benefits and career opportunities offered by Thames Valley Police.
  • Become a volunteer with Thames Valley Police.